Sunday 15 October 2017

Etsy shop creed - adapted from US Marines Rifleman’s creed - Full Metal Jacket

Etsy shop creed – adapted from US Marines Rifleman’s creed - Full Metal Jacket





Sundays are always a strange day in the Kuriologist house.  There is a tenancy for The Kuriologist to go 'off-piste', a day for light lateral thinking? 

How I linked a US Marine Corps training creed to my creative art in my brain is anybody's guess!

However, a little history -  US Marines Rifleman’s creed

Major General William H. Rupertus wrote the original Rifleman’s creed during WWII, probably in late 1941 or early 1942. All enlisted Marines learn the creed at recruit training. The  original Rifleman's creed remains part of basic United States Marine Corps doctrine.

With utter respect & no offence intended to the US Marines &/or fans of the film Full Metal JacketHere is an etsy shop creed.

My etsy shop creed – ‘KuriousThings’

This is my etsy shop. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My etsy shop is my best friend. It is my shop. I must master it as I must master my life.
Without me, my etsy shop is useless. Without my etsy, I am useless. I must run my etsy true. I must trade straighter than my competition who is trying to pre-sell me. I must sell before he sells. I will…

My etsy shop and I know that what counts in commerce is not the visits we get, the noise of our social media, nor the comments we make. We know that it is the sales that count. We will hit sales targets…

My etsy is real, even as I, because it is my shop. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its complexities. I will keep my etsy clean and tidy, even as I am clean and tidy. We will become part of each other. We will…

Before my product inventory, I swear this creed. My etsy and I are the defenders of my creative lifestyle. We are the masters of our competitors. We are the saviours of my life, my creativity.
So be it, until victory is mine and there is no competition, but mine!

Imitation being the sincerest form of flattery by definition.  This is an entirely respectful, but light-hearted ‘tongue in cheek’ adaptation from the original – just for fun!

Etsy shop creed – adapted by 'Art of Kuriology' from US Marine Rifleman’s creed - Full Metal Jacket


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

You can find Kuriology Art for sale on :-https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/KuriousThings