|Zombie Cowboy - by Brian Blacknick|
Who in your past had most influence on your creations today?
- 'I was inspired by paleo artist Charles Knight and stop motion animator Willis O'Brien'.
How would you describe your own style of creativity?
- 'I'd say whimsical with a bent for horror' .
Describe your designated creative work-space area?
- 'My studio has a kiln, sand blast cabinet, air brush cabinet, work table & an area to photograph my artwork'.
When did you first sell one of your creations?
- 'When I was in 5th Grade I sculpted a medieval castle that our teacher sold to an antiques dealer. The proceeds were used to buy our classroom pet'.
How do you schedule your work/family/leisure balance?
- 'I have no specific strategy. When I've had enough of sculpting I find myself missing fishing and beach combing. Likewise I'll begin to feel the need to get back creating if I've been away from my work space for a time.
What type of ‘your’ art pieces give you the most satisfaction to create?
- Recently I took part in a collaborative project called the Cult of Doll Almanac where 16 artists were asked to create a doll with an accompanying story. I was quite pleased with the character I created and his story titled " Death Rides the Trade Winds".
Have you sold/exhibited your work via a ‘bricks & mortar’ gallery/shop?
- Yes. Though I no longer do. I prefer selling my work via the Internet.
Five words you feel best describe your creations?
- Hmmm let's see whimsical, unusual, fanciful, frightful, & imaginative.
|Demon Horror Art Magnet by Brian Blacknick|